Monday, August 23, 2010

Peanut Butter Cupcake

I wish that the picture did this cupcake justice.  We had a family reunion to go to and I wanted to try something new.  There is nothing like trying a new recipe on strangers!  It is a chocolate cupcake with peanut butter filling and peanut butter frosting. The peanut butter frosting stays soft and creamy.  My husband liked it so much it scooped some into a bowl and ate it with a spoon.  Pretty soon he was putting it on graham crackers, cake, and declared the recipe a keeper.  That means a lot coming from him! 

I topped it with a hand piped chocolate G for our last name.  We originally had them standing up, but with the high temperatures outside (and we will be outside), we laid them down instead. I like them a lot better standing up but sometimes we have to sacrifice in the name of practicality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment